Saturday, February 19, 2011

Mindless Love

Yesterday, was one of the best days of my life. I finally got to take my little girl skiing out on the mountain! (not just the regular bunny hill that we were used to) I have been nervous about taking her on the chair lift all by myself, so I asked one of her instructors if he could take us out and show me the technique he uses to get her on and off the lift. While we waited for him, I took her on the ol trusty bunny run .. where she proceeded to go up the lift herself and bomb down the little run, straight lining it for "the jump". She initially had a couple pretty funny 'face plants' followed with laughing! Which was then followed with "Mom lets go out there..I'm bored" pointing to the green run that she knows takes us to the chair lift. Oh boy! 
"Finally" (Matty's words) Kyle, the instructor, came to get us, and we were off!! The only way I can describe the feeling I had watching her ski down to the lift for the first time comes from the Elizabeth Stone quote: "Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking outside your body" (or skiing today ;) I was so nervous watching her, I just wanted to have a magic bubble that I could blow up around her to ensure that she was going to be safe. She, on the other hand, was giggling and squealing with pleasure the entire way! She has NO fear... and she loves to go fast! I would give anything to go back in time when I was fearless. I just have to learn to accept that the fears I have, remind me how much I love my life and my family. Nothing more... no snowball affect. 
So, I embraced and encouraged my little girl... and tears collected in my goggles... I am so proud! 


I will never forget the time we had yesterday... I love you Matty!


So, because we left Bryar at home all day with our sitter (another incredible person in our life) Matty thought we should buy him a dinosaur.(she is the best big sister) As I have mentioned before, all Bryar does is rawr and force dinosaur books on our laps. (throwing them at us really) If Dinosaur Train or Dino Dan happens to come on to the tv.. no matter where he is in the house he will RUN.. stand, and stare at the tv .. while making roaring sounds and pointing! Almost as if he's saying "DO YOU SEE THAT!!!"  It is adorable. So, of course we drove to the toy store and picked out a couple little dinosaur figurines to bring home. He was so excited, all he kept saying was "Oh WoW Oh WoW Oh WoW" over and over with a lot of roars!! *melt*




 I took a picture on my phone to send to Spencer.. as I always do 20 times a day.. and he replied "kissing him is like breathing, you don't even know you are doing it" I replied .."totally... Mindless Love" 
As parents, all we want is for our children to be happy and healthy, nothing else matters. 
"All I really need is a song in my heart, food in my belly, and love in my family" If I could wish for anything, it would be that my children will live their lives as simply and as boldly as the lyrics to that song. 
With much love... 

No comments:

Post a Comment