Wednesday, February 23, 2011

If it's not the kids or the dogs, it's mice!! Or all 3!!

Sunday night, I was awakened from my precious slumber at 4:30am from the sound of a MOUSE, chewing on a travel bag inside my bedroom closet!! This was not ok! I HATE mice!
I had only ever had maybe one encounter with a mouse before I moved into this house. Since moving to this acreage 3 years ago, mice have become my nemesis!! I actually have catching the little bastards down to an art.. and I get soooo much pleasure when I catch one. I have become a mouse slayer!! Haha! Many of you may wonder why I don't just get a cat. Honestly, I would get a cat, but we had 2 cats, one that I loved very much and one that my daughter loved even more... and they both went "missing" the spring I was pregnant with Bryar. And Matty was so upset, she still talks about it. I think the Owl we have living in our back yard may have something to do with that. (she still believes a very large mouse ate them, I can't convince her otherwise) The cat she loved was named Henry, which she adoringly called Hungry. (she couldn't pronounce Henry) Friends and family would say "what's your kitties name?" and she would reply "Hungry" and then the friend would say "Oh is he? Maybe we should get him some food" it was so funny! And that cat loved her so damn much it was scary, he would go get into her baby doll stroller so that she could push him around the house. She would even strap him in, and he loved it! So, I refuse to get another cat, with the fear that he would be just another casualty and I want to save my little girl from the heartache!! 
So, back to the little bastard that woke me up!! Well, I set up a trap... 
theflintskinny.blogspot.com
 and laid awake ... waiting ... annoyed .. swearing in my head .... and SNAP!! YESSS! Success! But.. then, listening to it die.. awful. I have to go get it.. take it outside and dispose of the body. Wash hands like a crack head..over and over. Slide back into bed .. 5:00am ahhhh. Then, just when I thought I was going to get another good hour-maybe 2 if I'm lucky... "Mummm Mummm!" Bryar... wide awake. F**k. All the ruckus from that damn mouse woke up my baby. Which in turn woke up Matty .. which in turn woke up the dogs. Monday morning started at 4:30....


I. HATE. MICE. 


With much love...

No comments:

Post a Comment