Monday, January 10, 2011

Bunnies in the Making

Well.. despite all expectations .. I was NOT sore from my big day at the hill yesterday.. wth??? I was actually in shock when I rolled out of bed this morning! I go to the gym on Monday mornings ... I do a full body workout with my trainer (she's an evil evil woman.. that I love!! She encourages me to push all my workouts to the "next level") so I was frightened that today's "ass kicking" was not going to be pretty! By the way.. any of you out there trying to reach fitness goals.. or that are already on the workout train ... I recommend you go get your ass kicked by a trainer!! It motivates you and teaches you more than you can even imagine! Even if you don't have the financial ability to see one as often as you would like .. they can set up a work out routine for you to help you reach your goals so that when you are at the gym ... you are getting the most out of the time you spend there. Some gym's even offer a free consultation with a trainer on staff when you join!! (insert "plug" for Kal Fitness .. haha) .... anyways .. back on point here.. I wasn't sore, and it was a miracle!!! Another "plus" to consistent exercise ... strength!! woo hooo!! I have to admit though .. I enjoy when I'm sore, so I was a bit disappointed! 


Yesterday when we were waiting on a run ... a little boy that was 5 (I asked) yells out to his mom.. " RACE YA TO THE BOTTOM MOM!!!" .. I was like 'ohhh my gawd!!' that was the cutest thing ever!! She continued to tell us that they had taught him when he was 2 and a half .. (which is my goal to teach Bryar next winter) and that he definitely had moments of screaming and crying but all in all he really enjoyed it! He proceeded to do a "slice of pizza" at a fairly slow pace (which must have felt like mock 10 to him) and she just sat and waited .. letting him make his way down on his own .. "winning" the race to the bottom.(of a very difficult blue run by the way) It was priceless. I can't wait to teach Matty this winter .. especially after seeing all the little one's ripping and tearing down the hill .. squealing and in hysterical laughter.. I want that for my children. We rode up the lift with a 16 year old boy and his dad at the end of the day .. and we told him (the Dad) how awesome it was to see a parent taking part in a physical activity with their children. (Especially with a teenage child) His reply to us .. 'well I have to drive up here anyways (to take his son obviously) so I might as well be skiing too!' Such a simple answer ... but I can't help but think of what an incredible impact he's having on his children. I aspire to be a parent like him .. sluffing off the importance of the quality time his spending with his son (kids stop wanting to hang out with their parents at some point right??) .. all the while knowing the impact I will be having ... and the memories we will be making. 
snowshack.com
This will be me ... very very soon!! I'm so excited ... I think I might try to reach this goal on the weekend! Little Matty has no idea what's in store!! hehe .. (our harness looks the exact same as this one!!) If anyone reading has already attempted to teach their children to ski.. please please send me advice!!! I will take it!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment