This is not my recipe... I stole it from Whitewater Cooks at Home by Shelley Adams
This is a link to her website.. click HERE! If you don't already own one of her cookbooks ... I seriously recommend purchasing one if not both of them!! They are my staple!! And they have so many wicked recipes for pot lucks!!
ENERGY BALLS
INGREDIENTS
1 CUP sunflower seeds, toasted
1 CUP sesame seeds, toasted
1 CUP rolled oats
1 CUP chocolate chips
1 CUP raisins
1 CUP dried cranberries
1/2 CUP cocoa powder
2 CUPS peanut butter
1/2 CUP honey
1 1/2 CUPS toasted coconut (for coating)
Ok.... seriously, how easy are these ingredients??
METHOD
Put everything except coconut in a large bowl.
Mix all ingredients together well with your hands. (You may need a bit more honey to hold it together.)
Roll 1/4 cup scoops of 'dough' into balls and then roll them in the roasted coconut.
Store the energy balls in an airtight container in the fridge for up to one week or the freezer (this is what I do) for a couple of months.
To 'toast' the sesame seeds and the sunflower seeds, I lay them on a baking sheet under broil while I get the other ingredients ready... but keep a close eye on them.. I almost burnt them today!!
I really hope you will try this recipe.. you won't be disappointed!
With much love....
Do you have the calorie breakdown for this energy balls?
ReplyDeleteRenee ... I was able to find a calorie breakdown per Energy Ball... the highest calorie one I found was 66.7 calories, remember that you only need to eat one or two.. they are very filling and a super alternative for people like me that crave chocolate!! Also, you can take out the chocolate chips or substitute more dried fruit such as prunes (but all kinds would work) to lower the calorie intake! :)
ReplyDeleteNutritional Info
Servings Per Recipe: 30
Amount Per Serving
Calories: 50.7
Total Fat: 3.1 g
Cholesterol: 0.0 mg
Sodium: 0.8 mg
Total Carbs: 5.3 g
Dietary Fiber: 0.9 g
Protein: 1.4 g
View full nutritional breakdown of Energy Balls calories by ingredient
You could also add flax seeds, cashews, crushed peanuts. Also use almond or cashew butter for a peanut butter alternative (good for schools where there are peanut allergies) and dates are also a good substitute for raisins or craisins ....... many many alternatives for this recipe... just dig in and experiment!!
ReplyDeleteyou have to make these!!! I had just one and it kept my sugar levels in order.We did a 12 km walk and not once did my sugar levels drop:)
ReplyDeleteAnd maintaining my sugar levels is a big problem for me when I work out~
...how many times can i say sugar in this comment..ha ha