Monday, February 14, 2011

A few of my favorite things..

I have to admit, I have been procrastinating .. and neglecting my little blog here. It's been almost a week since I uploaded the video of Matty skiing. I want to squeeze her so damn hard lately, I'm just beaming with pride. (can you tell?? haha) Anyways, I've been fighting some type of virus for way too long (I was bragging that I haven't got sick this year, it's whipped through our house twice) so of course it GOT ME!! I have a problem this winter with slowing down, I think that maybe I've been making up for all the winter I missed last year, and well I should have listened to my body and taken it easy! I was pretty darn sick (bed ridden) on Wednesday. I was so dumb and went skiing all day Thursday with Matty and Spencer (I had been looking forward to it for over a week I had to go!) And well, I went to bed too early to admit on Friday night, and I spent all day Saturday bumming around the house.... (*clearing throat* shopping on Etsy.. haha)  which leads me to today's post:
I decided, because I don't have much else but the ski hill, the virus I have, or immunizations (Bryar was a champ) to talk about, I might as well share some of my favorite things. 


So first on my list is this macrame plant hanger... I am in LOVE, well, I was more in love with one that had black, white and grey, but it sold :( I have considered learning how to make this on my own, I hear it's pretty easy... so maybe that will be something I try when the snow melts! I want to hang them in my kitchen window... 
Link to shop
The next thing I am in LOVE with is this picture that my beautiful, talented sister in-law painted. Purple coneflowers (Echinacea) are my absolute favorite flowers.. I planted them all along the exterior of my garden last year. She just opened her Etsy shop a couple weeks ago, and I am so proud of her! She has incredible art work! You have to check out the link...

Because I love my Echo, and my coffee!! Nuff said!
This guy makes every kind of dog art.. so cool!!

Because I love skiing .. and sitting around summer fires... again "nuff said"


I have been searching and searching for a new towel for our Honey Bee ... I am holding onto his little newborn one (it even has a hole) until I finally purchase this bad boy ... I had to make sure it was an animal that really suited him. He has shown a lot of interest in dinosaurs lately! (roaring and growling every time he sees one on tv or in a book)  From the side.. it has green spikes all along the back.. so darn cute! (she makes so many different animals)

And how cute are these little dinosaur crayons!!?? Seriously!

Again, for Bryar ... hahaha


For me.. and its made by a girl in Vancouver ... mmmmmm .. I WANT!

If you don't know how addicted I am to scrabble .. you are out of the loop .. haha
These are scrabble notebooks... WOW!!!!

This is a leather Humming Bird (*heart*) iPad (*heart*) case.. and its's green(*heart*) and it has purple(*heart*) like..... made for me!!!! 

I am a mug whore (I collect random mugs, I don't have 2 that are the same) this would go nicely with my collection!

So, there ya have it .... I have like a 100 things saved in my 'favorites', but these are the ones I am loving the most right now. Hope you enjoyed.... (Spencer.. if you wanna surprise me with any of these.. I wouldn't mind at all *wink wink*)

With much love...

2 comments:

  1. you would like the knot tying ..... i made one 6ft. in length and held two plants. All part of my therapy back in the 70`s ..... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am for sure going to try Dano! Maybe you can come out and teach me and we could all have some drinks around the fire in the spring!!!

    ReplyDelete