AAhhhhhh, the moment when your kids are settled in their beds fast asleep. Alone time. (bittersweet) This is when I like to sit, relax with a cup of tea, watch some trash tv (depending on what night of the week) or curl up with a book. It's the moment when I know I should be going to sleep myself, especially days like today when I'm tired. But I just CAN"T, I will pry my eyelids open with toothpicks before I go to bed earlier than 9pm!
So, Yesterday, against my better judgement, I decided to make a batch of peanut butter marshmallow bars. Since our weekend at the Star, it's all I can think about. It's my weakness. But I decided to add more organic peanut butter, less caramel chips, less marshmallows and organic butter. (trying to make it a little healthier) And may I say...
 |
YUMMMMMM
|
 |
Frozen tastes best to me....
The 'against my better judgement' part comes into affect because, I had a square for breakfast. (shame) The good news is that my little sister came to sleep over last night, so I sent 3/4 of the pan into work with her!! Get that shit outta here before I devour the whole pan, and then have to run for a week straight to work it off. I'm having a hard time not going to the freezer to grab a bite right now! |
Anyways, on with my day... it was a 'snow day' here today. I love watching the giant snow flakes fall... it gets me rev'ed to hit the ski hill. (tomorrow hopefully) Because of all the snow, I had a 'stay home and 'cuddle' Bryar all day' day. Now, when I say 'cuddle' I mean 'chase' Bryar around the house all day. He is so busy.. he's kind and sweet and so incredibly funny, but he is a TERROR! I tried to be one of those awesome mom's that take really cute pictures of their kids doing really cute little things during the day ... and well...
 |
| He likes to attack, you have to be careful cause he stings! |
 |
| That is not blood, it's marker (I think) |
Ok, so, QUESTION how the HELL do you people take such cute pictures?? I even tried the action setting... most turned out like this ...
 |
Jesus, I need to take a photography course in a bad way
And I wonder why I am so bagged at the end of the day ... Why are my kids like wild animals?? Sweet, sweet, wild animals I have to add! |
For the mom's out there... I found these before Christmas at Superstore, if you don't already use them, you should!!!
 |
They are the best booger wipes ever!! They smell like grapes and they are so gentle! |
These are the only 2 usable shots of Bryar to put up...
 |
| He loves to color like his big sister, looks like he might be a lefty??? |
 |
| He melts me. |
Everyday that I spend with my children is a beautiful day. I love being a Mommy. I am so lucky and grateful that I don't have to work anymore.
Small confession:I secretly love Raffi music as much (possibly more) as my kids. I blast Baby Beluga at least 3 times a day.
Something beautiful that I got to watch out my kitchen window tonight as I cleaned up after dinner ...
The perfect ending to a perfect day.
I LOVE Baby Beluga and I was lucky enough to get to see an actual baby beluga at the Vancouver aquarium a few years ago. I hummed that song the entire time, I'm sure!
ReplyDeletePeanut butter and marshmallows are a winning combo - thanks for making me feal better about consuming them in mass quantities, by providing a (fairly) healthy recipe!!
Hugs,
Jill xx
Thanks for the comment Jill! We are going to try to take the kids to the aquarium this spring .. I hope it works out! Fingers crossed!! And maybe we will be as lucky as you to travel to Hawaii sometime this year!!! It's one of my dream places to go since I was a child.
ReplyDeleteHugs to you to Jill!