Friday, January 14, 2011

SNOW SNOBS

Ok, so I'm totally in love with snow this year, I know ... I know... Many of you aren't, and hearing that, may piss you off... 




csilibrary.com
So I did some research with the hopes of being able to say that there is some miraculous reason that we receive the glorious white stuff from 'mother nature' ... I have bad news ... There's not! .. I've let you all down. But here's what I figured out, (many of you may already know this ... I however did not )so, it doesn't snow because the earth "needs" snow, but if all the water on the earth evaporated without ever condensing back, then we would very quickly run out of water. Fortunately, laws of physics and Chemistry don't let the water disappear. (blah blah blah blah)


  With that being said, This post is for all my friends that "hate" winter... Cause I think ( this may piss some of you off even more) that maybe you just forget what it feels like to be a kid. Kids love this white stuff! Even if they aren't dressed appropriately they will still roll around in the shit till their fingers are on the brink of snapping off.(well my kids will) So here's a list of 10 things that I love to do during the cold, gross winter months. Let loose and for shits and giggles ... try to entertain the idea of doing just one of them and see if it doesn't bring a smile to your face .... Basically ... Proove me wrong bitches!!! Haha


Ok .. So, I threw my best friend in the snowbank today.. I had to, it's a winter tradition for us, and honestly, she's so little and so cute, she gets stuck in the snow and it cracks me up. So after I did this awful deed ... I threw myself in beside her and we made snow angels together, we giggled like school girls and it was so worth it.  #1 make a snow angel... it's free.. so you have no excuse.
thepilver.wordpress.com


Another fun thing that I do with my daughter is #2 look for animal tracks. We are lucky enough to live in an area that has an abundance of wildlife so this is an easy one for us. We walk our road and often see deer, rabbit and squirrel tracks. But she also gets enjoyment from dog and cat tracks too....even her own 'put-prints' (I just can't correct her for the way she says it ... it's too damn cute and I'm sure she will eventually say it the 'correct' way..right?)
corbisimages.com


My neighbor/friend... LOVES birds! She has inspired me to #3 make a bird feeder / birdseed for our yard. Our kids also have a lot of enjoyment from watching the birds out our big front window ...and they would also get enjoyment out of knowing that we are helping to keep them fed throughout the winter. And well... if they are busy watching birds.. I can get a lot of shit done.. win-win.
craftynoodle.com




A few years ago, one of my closest friends #4 shoveled a huge maze through her yard for her kids. It was incredible. She shoveled destinations .. the slide... the trampoline.. the deck and made it fun for her kids to play in the winter labyrinth in their own backyard. I have to admit, as much fun as our kids had playing in it.. this is not something I'm going to do this year. It would be a lot of fun for any of you dad's out there that have snowblowers though!! This maze looks amazing, and has inspired me to make one.. if not this year.. next year for sure!!!
blog.mlive.com


My daughters obsession .. #5 make hot chocolate! Even if you don't have kids .... Who doesn't love a cup of hot coco on a cold winters day? Curl up with a book ( or a blog ;)..) and enjoy a sweet part of winter! Or go 'wild' and throw some bailey's in there... 

find.myrecipes.com


The next two can go hand in hand #6 lick an icicle ... Or #7 catch a snowflake with your tongue... No ones watching!!! Just do it! They are the easiest of the 10.. And you owe it to me! Ha
funny-and-hilarious.blogspot.com


This year when I took Matty to the winter carnival .. There was a bonfire lite and we got to #8 roast 'schmarshmallows' (another Matty pronunciation).. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm nothing else to say.... but isn't she so cute????


Something we haven't done yet this year.. But we have plans to do very soon, #9 go sledding!! This is one of my all time favorite things to do in the winter. Where I grew up .. We had 'Suicide Hill' .. I'm sure most of you grew up with a hill that has the same or similar name referring to a way to die while catapulting urself on a GT racer down a steep incline on pure ice.... And why not? We all weigh about 50 lbs more than we did when we were little, think of the extra speed you'll get!

cartoongraphics.blogspot.com


And finally #10 build a snowman, because without your help ... He won't be able to enjoy winter either! Go find a raggedy old hat, a carrot, a couple rocks, a few sticks and bring him to life!
busstop.typepad.com
This little one is so cute.. I just had to post it. See, even if you don't have a yard, you can still make a snowbaby!! 


For all the Calvin and Hobbes fans out there... 
liquidrhythmkayaking.com




Well, hopefully I have envoked a few memories in some of you, and maybe a smile or two. Remember: winter isn't just about the cold, or the snow, it's about making memories. Even if you don't have children, you can still act like one!
With much love.... Winter rocks! Embrace it!

No comments:

Post a Comment