I had so many lies leading up to Friday .. I could barely keep my composure! I thought of everything... I even had an excuse to leave the kids car seats at daycare (LIE: they offered to steam clean them while we were at breakfast.. now that was a good one) .. and he fell for all of it!!!
I was gitty with excitement the night before .. I couldn't even sleep .. so I slept on the couch! One of the reason's I was most excited, selfishly, was that I haven't been away overnight from either of my kids since the fall ... when I was still dealing with anxiety ( I didn't have a good time despite all my husbands best efforts) so, this was going to be a very well deserved weekend away .. free from being a mommy and free from my anxiety... how sweet it was going to be!
My mother in law (love her) came to spend the whole weekend with our kids!! She rocks! And how lucky am I to have a mother in law that I enjoy!! Seriously!
So, Friday morning after all the planning and secrets.. the moment had come that I got to spill the beans to Spencer ... he opened his card, and I flipped over papers that read:
I AM
TAKING YOU TO
SILVERSTAR
FOR 2 NIGHTS !!!!!
His mouth dropped.. and he was like "when??" .... "right now" ... SO MUCH FUN!!!!
We headed up the hill right away ... and I made up crazy excuses to stall while we waited for 2 of his best friends to show up because he had no idea they were coming... (I told him I had to warm up my snow pants .. he fell for it!! haha)
| Spencer, Me, Bryce and Jeff |
After a few runs we went to our cabin to check in... I made sandwiches for the boys and we downed a few drinks and back on the hill we went... I loved every minute of it.. and will never forget that day! We skied (boarded) until we were ready to drop and met up with Kels and Rich back at the cabin ..... and well... let the good times roll!!!!
![]() |
| Hello Captain.. glad you could join us! |
![]() |
| Richard is the BEST bartender ... yummy shooters for all!! Happy Birthday Boys!! |
![]() |
| Kelsey giving our first bottle of mix the proper send off... you served us well!! I just have to add that Kelsey is by far one of the FUNNIEST people I know... I am so lucky to have her in my life! |
We made dinner reservations and met up with some more of our friends that came up after work.. Spencer truly has amazing friends that love him so much.. I am blessed by marriage default to know these beautiful people.
Here are a few of the 50 pics from our 1st night at dinner ...
![]() |
| True Love in Friendship |
![]() |
| Monkey Faces are a must when Richard is around! |
![]() |
| Happy Early Birthday Baby... you are an amazing husband, friend and father! |
Saturday was just as much fun... skiing all day ... playing cards.. whirling down Tube Town and out for dinner again... best weekend ever!!!!
Thank You to all of you that came to share Spencer's Dirty Thirty with us!!
After 2 FULL days of skiing, drinking, laughing and eating peanut butter bar (I ate half a pan I swear) donated by Kelsey's mom .... I sit here .. 5lbs heavier, on a heating pad ... feeling exhausted ... but the happiest I've been in a long time!!! Weekends away are more important then I ever realized! Thanks Momma Deb!
With much love ....








No comments:
Post a Comment