Sunday, January 23, 2011

Another week and weekend report..

I've been a blog 'slacker' this week. Ive been in a bit of a nesting mood .. and I haven't really wanted to spend much time writing to be honest. But of course I have had a trillion things swirling in my head to write about, many of which I will at some point I'm sure!
When I wrote the last blog I had kind of a major 'AH HA' moment. I'm waiting to write about it when the time is right, but I think I took another step towards clarity. It has taken me a few days to settle down from the high it gave me!


I am so in love with skiing again.. and I'm getting my groove back, so I'm kind of addicted! I hit the hill on Tuesday .. went to my trainer on Wednesday .. back to the hill on Thursday .. and then when I was supposed to have a 'home day' on Friday, where I kind of just do house work and stuff.. I decided to finish painting our newly reno'd kitchen, and well that catapulted me into a mad paint-clean-organize spree... it lasted 2 full days!! I slept like a god damn baby last night!! It was amazing!
This is the view we had on Tuesday..... my photography skills lack on depicting how beautiful it was that day, I should maybe look in to a course.. ??


Today.. was a blast! (extreme understatement) Erin and I took Matty skiing ...and I have to say.. my little girl is a natural! I don't wanna brag, but I am so frigging proud of her!! I took her up to the hill to throw out another attempt at teaching her, and after 2 quick runs, she was complaining about her boots .. crying 'my feet feel like they are bleeding' ..(fuck) I had just bought the boots last weekend so I wasn't sure what the hell was going on, so I took her up for a hot chocolate and I inspected a little closer to find that her toes were already off the insole!! WTH!! So I packed her over to the store where we got them ..( I was pissed but calm) and they were very quick to figure out rental boots and a binding adjustment and we were back on our way!! (they are shipping us the right size boots within a day or two) Her grandpa wanted to come help teach her for some bonding time.. which was so great, and I had already booked a lesson for her in the afternoon, so Erin and I had the day to rip around by ourselves! (awesomer!)


We decided to go check on the bunny close to the end of her lesson and we were SHOCKED!!! She was skiing down the little run on her own, with out help!!!! And FAST!! I screamed with excitement from the fence line and took a hundred pictures! It was an amazing moment for me, I am so proud of her! ( Of course .. I cried)





You can't tell, but she's laughing the whole way down!


It was one of those days that I will never forget
... and I can't help but look forward to when we will be hitting the hill together! 


When we were 5 minutes in to our long drive home ... we were giving her praise for how well she had done and how amazed we were at how fast she was... she replies in a 'valley high' sort of voice " Ya, I know! The people at the lessons said 'You are so fast Matty! You ROCK THIS PLACE' " hahaha!
Oh my freaking gawd.... How funny is that??? I busted into laughter... My little girl is so cool.. I love her!


10 minutes in ... she was asleep..


With much love...

No comments:

Post a Comment