Thursday, March 31, 2011

Buttons

16 days with no blogging .... feels like an eternity!! My Mac shit the bed ... duh duh duh.. awful news in my world! I have been in withdrawal, I need an intravenous Mac drug to feed my addiction. Its in the shop.. let's hope fingers crossed .. that she can get fixed. We have an iPad .. but to be honest, nothing beats typing on a keyboard! My husband brought his laptop home for me to use (I feel like I'm cheating on mine) and I was on strike so that's why I haven't been blogging.. but I'm sucking it up..

it has honestly been the perfect time for my computer to fritz... SPRING IS HERE!! I'm sorry to all my Albertan friends and family that are still living under three feet of snow.. but I'm gunna brag and brag here... haha
This is where it started... my kitchen faces West... and this is the first ray of sunshine that has streamed through this window!! WOW! What a beautiful sight! Making dinner with sunshine .. a very good combination!
The snow in the backyard began to melt and within days it was gone ... I have been outside raking and cultivating and I feel rejuvenated and refreshed! The kids have been bundled up in rubber boots and puddle suits... we walk the perimeter of the yard over and over..seeking new treasures to explore... bliss!

Bye Bye snow... you won't be missed until next Christmas, so you can stay away until then! ...

We just recently celebrated the second Birthday of a special little girl that is near and dear to our hearts... it was so much fun!! The kids had an excellent time screaming ten times louder than all the other well behaved children and I got my first taste of Rainbow Cake! DELICIOUS!!
This is a horrible depiction of the grandeur of the cake. It was as beautiful as it was tasty ... and I am so in love with its 'coolness' I'm totally going to try to make one ... maybe for Easter!? mmmm my mouth is watering just thinking about it!

Matty .. the natural athlete (I have no idea where she gets that from ;) took up 2 wheel biking like she's done it always! (She was only 4 years old last summer and I had a crawling baby.. so I decided not to teach her how) There were a lot of tears the day I decided it was time to take the training wheels off ..
close to an hour of tears..
standing staring at the little pink bike she knew and loved...
she really needed to get used to the idea of the 'unknown 2 wheel experience'. No pressure. We talked about it for a couple days afterward and didn't put any pressure on her to practice. Then on Monday, I planned to go for a walk with my girlfriend and thought it would be the perfect opportunity for her to learn. She was confident and excited as she got on that bike... peddled hard.. and within minutes was riding like wind!

A few scrapes later..
All she wants to do is eat ..sleep and dream about biking now. She has been telling complete strangers "I can ride a 2 wheel bike!!" Her enthusiasm is infectious! I am yet again a proud mum!

Today, when I was out 'Spring cleaning' the shop .. I came across my Grandy's jar of buttons

There are so many memories in these tiny circles.. and vibrant colors that have been embedded in my brain.

Now being passed onto the next generation..
The helmet has been a permanent fixture.

Today's favorite ..
After we ohhhh'd and ahhhh'd over each button .. picked out the prettiest, the biggest, the sparkliest.. we moved into the back yard..

building more memories..
digging worms..
the way life should be.. perfect spring day ..

aside from the Tetanus shot (me) part.. don't even ask! Ugggg!

With much love...

No comments:

Post a Comment